The Department of Central Registers runs on four tracks. Its main task is registering and providing information on everything ‘that is driving’. A very vital aspect is the supply of information Europe-wide.
- Motor vehicles – Central Vehicle Register
- Persons – Central Register of Traffic Offenders
- Driving licences – Central Register of Driving Licences
- EU-Tachograph – The Central Register of Tachograph Cards
Information from these registers is supplied on-line via
- ZEVIS – The Central Traffic Information System
- EUCARIS – The European Car and Driving Licence Information System
Data is sent to the KBA’s central registers by road traffic administration authorities, insurance companies and law courts:
- the Central Vehicle Register records information from the registration authorities and insurance companies,
- the Central Register of Traffic Offenders records the notifications by road traffic administration authorities (authorities imposing traffic fines / driving licence authorities), law courts and public prosecutors’ offices and
- the Central Register of Driving Licences records the notifications by driving licence authorities.