- Consultation (optional)
- Formal application
- Evaluation of the application for completeness
- Evaluation of application documents and preconditions for designation
Assessment on the applicant's premises:
- ISO/IEC 17025 and/or ISO/IEC 17020, ISO/IEC 17021-1 *)
- Approval relevant requirements
- Meeting of special criteria of the designation body
- Representative test procedures or witnessing of an audit
- Assessment report
Details are given in the designation rules.
- Analysis of information about activities of the technical service
- On-site evaluation to which extent the designation rules, approval relevant requirements and agreed with the KBA measures are fulfilled (exchange of experiences, trainings, workshops, ISGQ consultations, attendance of the KBA at type approval tests, interlaboratory tests, analysis of Reports on CoP etc.)
- Witnessing of test procedures or of audits
- Document check (if necessary)
- Review of the initial evaluation regarding Regulation (EU) 2018/858, Article 76. The intervals at which on-site assessments are carried out depend on the proven stability achieved by the technical service. They shall be carried out at the latest after 30 months (Ü), less extensive than initial or renewal assessment, or a further 30 months as a reassessment (ÜW) similar to the initial assessment, taking into account the findings from previous evaluations for the renewal of the designation.