Check on the conformity assurance measures of the Type Approval holder (CoP-Q)
CoP-Q means: Checking of procedures and processes at the Type Approval holder.
It must be ensured that the approved product can be produced with a constant quality in conformity with the Type Approval. The production and testing procedures (processes) and the effectiveness of the measures taken for product conformity assurance are hereby individually checked.
The planning of CoP-Q measures is made according to the following criteria:
- All Type Approval holders without a proper certification of their QM system (a proper certification means that the certificate was issued by a certification body designated by the Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt (KBA). This ensures that Type Approval related matters are continually checked.)
- The time that has elapsed since the last inspection
- For Type Approval holders who are new to the KBA or not very well known
- Results of previous inspections
Alongside these planning quantities, reason-related requirements are to be taken into consideration. These could be information from the Type Approval or product safety areas, for example. Information from the KBA product monitoring (CoP-P) could also give reason for a system check.
In the preparation of an on-site inspection (procedure), the Type Approval holder is informed on
- The intended inspection
- The need for company-specific information on the production and testing procedure
- The date for the inspection including suggestions for the schedule and statement of the cost.
The fee of conformity inspections (CoP-Q) is EUR 716.00 per process plus travelling expenses.
- Opening meeting
- Inspection of the storage area, production area and test locations
- Checking of relevant procedure/process documentation (requirements),
Checking of knowledge concerning the obligations as approval holder, e.g.:
- Has a contact person for the Technical Service/KBAWeb/_Migration been named?
- Have responsibilities regarding production/examination of approved products been defined?
- Does knowledge of current legal specifications regarding the approved product exist?
- Have regulations for measures in cases of occurring non-compliant products been defined?
- Do regulations for measures regarding non-compliant products introduced to the market exist (recall)?
- Have regulations for procedures and responsibilities in case of product change been defined?
- Defining of regulations for safekeeping and availability of proofs for product compliance (CoP protocols)
- Checking of the approval holders’ records regarding the conformity of approved products
- Inspection of the production areas and test stations
- Coordination of inspection results/review of open points
- Closing meeting and presentation of the results
If deviations are identified, these will be recorded in a protocol. Then appropriate corrective actions and a deadline for confirmation of the realisation to the KBA will be determined.
In the case of a positive evaluation, the approval holder will receive a confirmation.
The Report on Procedures guaranteeing Conformity of Production (Report on CoP) is an essential part of Initial assessment for the KBA Type Approval procedure as well as of surveillance of Type Approval holders. Specifically authorized auditors prepare this report during certification audits including "approval relevant requirements" and verification procedures. Furthermore, the KBA can mandate organisations or assessors in general or in singular cases with the Report on CoP procedure.
The Report on CoP shall be completely filled in and submitted via E-Typ by the authorized unit of the technical service to the KBA, Dresden office
The form "Report on CoP" you can find here: